Exciting new developments at Chelwood; 2-year old hub
We need your help!
We need your help to raise funds in order to make this project happen.
Chelwood Nursery School and Chelwood House for Families are seeking match funding to supplement the grant from Lewisham Council to create a purpose built space to enhance the services available for the local community!
With huge cuts to nursery funding Chelwood has been looking at how we develop and maintain our services for children and families without making cuts. Income generation has been essential for us and this exciting site development improves our services and gives us new ways of covering our costs to help us be sustainable longer term. We hope we can weather the cuts with this site development and your help!
What we think we can afford with Government funding via Lewisham Council Plans include:
- Two dedicated nurture spaces for 2 year olds, each providing 12 places with ;toilet and changing facilities, direct access to Chelwood’s extensive outdoor play space via a covered veranda for outdoor play.
- A new larger dining space increasing the nursery’s capacity to meet demand for 30 hour places and providing families with greater flexibility to add lunch to their existing 15 hour places
- A new kitchen servery space adjacent to the new dining room
But we also need:
- Additional children’s toilet facilities accessible from the new dining room and outdoor play space
- Secure access and admin/reception space adjacent to the school boundary, improving contact with the community and visitor access whilst improving site security and great access to the outdoors for children across the school
- A sensory garden specifically, but not solely for 2 year olds
We are very excited about this scheme which expands the services the nursery school is able to provide for the community. It will improve the quality and experiences for younger children and their families, particularly those experiencing childhood poverty, and has the potential to generate additional income to secure the long term sustainability of the nursery including out of school hours lettings.
We are grateful for any donation you can make, and if you are a UK tax payer, please gift-aid your donation so we can claim this as well!
Thank you for all your support
Read more about the funding issues facing Maintained Nursery Schools
- Exciting new developments at Chelwood; 2-year old hub
- 2 year old places for September 2019
- Term Dates
- Watch our new movie here!
- Play with Me Group
- 2 year old funded places
- Inset Day Closure
- Letter to Prime Minister
- Teach in Lewisham
- Stay and play dates for Parents
- September Newsletter
- Money Box Picnic this Friday
- Chelwood featured in Nursery World Magazine
- School re-starts on Monday 6th June
- Inset Day
- Inset Day – Monday 30th November
- Announce- Emergency contact forms
- Winter Fair