Friends of Chelwood
A ‘Friends Association’ is rather like a Parent Teacher Association and will enable Chelwood to include members of the community and families who no longer have children in the school.
We already have a supportive Friends of Chelwood group of parents, carers and family members of pupils past and present (and some hoping to be future pupils!), as well as people from our local community who value what we do here.
Over the past few years Friends of Chelwood have held a number of annual fundraising events, including:
- Auction of Promises which raised over £2000 each!
- Annual Winter Fair each December with lighting of trees!
- Summer Garden Party / Festival each June
- Bake Sales – at Easter, Valentines day, Christmas and any other excuse we can come up with to share cake!
- Suitcase Sales
- Come and Play Again events for past children and families- annually after Easter
- Money Box Picnic annually in July
Join Friends of Chelwood – All welcome
Run4Chelwood – Somany families have participated over the years in runs for Chelwood, including this summer’s ‘virtual’ run to Brighton, and Friends of Chelwood ran the 10k Peckham Rye Charity Fun Run raising £2000 in sponsorship and donations!
Cycle4Chelwood -3 Friends of Chelwood cycled the 53 miles from London to Brighton and raised £525 in donations!
There are lots of different ways that our Friends can support the school, to find out more join the Friends of Chelwood by contacting us at email@example.com